Thursday, July 29, 2010

Over It

I have had several days to reflect on Captain Karl's and I think I've hit on most every emotion, mostly negative, that I could have. 

I wrote a race report in my personal journal fully intending to share it here, but I've decided against that as I don't think it will do anything to help anyone else and it certainly won't help me at this point since I have moved past the experience.

I have always said that there is a lesson in every experience and certainly in every race.  As unpleasant as this experience was for me, I learned many, many, many things in a very small amount of miles. 

So, with lessons learned and eager to put the knowledge into practice, I look forward to ramping up my training for the October race.  I am counting my blessings that I don't have a more serious ankle injury, merely a sprain.
I ran a mile on it today and while it isn't completely normal feeling, it doesn't cause me pain.  Therefore, long runs will begin again. 

I am making a few changes to my race plan, and those plans will be shared the closer I get to the start line.  For now, I need to focus on consistent training and strengthening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment