Tuesday, January 4, 2011

High Mileage Week

Yesterday began the highest mileage week of training for Rocky 100.  I came down with a nasty little stomach bug on Sunday immediately after my run and spent the day in my bathrobe.  It was bizarre to feel so good on a run and have it change completely as soon as my run was over. 

Thankfully, yesterday was a scheduled rest day, so I did just that.  Sort of.  I didn't run.  I did do the push-ups and core work on the schedule.  And I ate several helpings of Lugow, a Filipino rice dish made with ginger and chicken.  Yes, chicken.  Christmas has wreaked havoc on my vegan eating but that is another topic for another day. 
The lugow seemed to help.  I was starving.  I was definitely calorie deficient since I didn't eat before my run Sunday nor was I able to eat after it.  I went to bed last night feeling pretty confident that I would be able to run this morning.
I was out of bed with the intention of running early, but my tummy had other ideas.  So, I am waiting it out.  Not sure if I will be able to get this run in today or not.  But the goal is to get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment