Friday, November 18, 2011

Finding the Groove

I've been away from the blog for almost a month so I figured I should post a little tidbit just to let the few of you that read this rag know that I am still around, still running, and working on finding the groove for the upcoming running year.

It's been a very interesting 8 weeks for me as I have been sick enough to be miserable since Sept 16, but not quite sick enough to shut everything down.  I finally went to the doctor for steroids and antibiotics 5 weeks into this stuff and while they seemed to do the trick within hours, I have spent the last 3 weeks dealing with the effects of an allergic reaction to the meds.

I am about 85% healthy at this point and it has occurred to me that this may be as good as it gets.  So sticking with training is what I've been doing and what I will continue to do.  Things could certainly be worse for me, so I will embrace the 85% and run through the 15% yet not occupy anything other than my running shoes.

Speaking of shoes, I have been wearing the Brooks Pure Project Grit more and more and I am really enjoying them.  As soon as my budget allows, I will be picking up a pair of the road shoe counterpart, The Flow, I believe.  I hope to post more of a review soon.

For now, back to push ups and mom duty!




2 comments:

  1. Sorry you have been so sick, great training through sickness! Keep up the strong work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep getting stronger, my friend! It's all about doing what you can, as I so learned last weekend :)

    Btw...I gave my Flows an original two thumbs up and now like them even more-just sayin!

    ReplyDelete